GitBook is a modern documentation platform sustained by some of the best SaaS europeans VCs (Point 9 Capital, Notion Capital, Fly VC). Our ambition is to empower team's intelligence. We want to help teams work more efficiently by creating a single place to leverage their knowledge.
GitBook is now used by over 500,000 users and thousands of teams such as Adobe, Netflix, Decathlon, or Google. We're working on an ambitious next product step to redefine "core team work" and we're looking for a Developer Support Engineer (working remotely) to join our team and help us achieve on those ambitions.
As a Developer Support Engineer your daily mission will be to help us build a reliable product thanks to continuous improvements arising from delivering an outstanding support experience for our users. You will have a direct impact on our users and it is very perceptible.
On a daily basis, you will:
Provide an outstanding support experience to our users: Part of your role as a Developer Support Engineer will be to handle product and technical users inquiries and requests via email and chat (Intercom) in a timely manner and to provide users with regular updates regarding their support tickets. At GitBook we think that every team member should be informed of the state of the product, and there is nothing better than having everybody on support. Thus, among our team, everyone takes responsibility toward the end user to solve its problems on the application (in a reasonable way).
Solve technical complex issues to help our users be successful: At GitBook most of our users are tech or product team members and 30% of our tickets are related to product (customer domain, DNS) or technical (bugs, set-up) issues. As a Developper Support Engineer your role will not only be to answer to those tickets but also to take ownership in resolving those issues that stand in the way of our users being successful which will require you to deep dive into our codebase to actually fix those bugs.
Partner with the entire Product Team: This role is very close to our Product team. From day one, you'll be onboarded on our codebase the same way our product engineers will be, emphasising the user support dimension of course. You'll be working closely with our product engineers to maintain a high level of knowledge regarding GitBook in order to solve more and more complex technical or product issues. You'll participate in our weekly Product Meetings so you'll be able to share product feedbacks and users insights in order to constantly improve our user experience.
In short, you'll have a tremendous impact in helping us build a reliable product to strengthen our user experience.
You will be an addition to our culture as:
👍 You will also appreciate:
1. First, you need to send us your application to express your interest and we will review it (of course we'll get back at you whatever the decision)
2. As the next step, our Talent Manager will call you so the both of you will be able to ensure there is a correlation between GitBook's expectations, the role and your own expectations.
3. Then, you will be meeting with two members of our Product Team to share about role specifics such as required skills, knowledge, abilities as well as working environment, day-to-day life...
4. Afterwards, you will have the opportunity to discuss with one of GitBook's founders about our story, our vision and ambition, and ensure there is a fit with our culture and core values.
5. Finally, you will have the opportunity to meet with the entire team to determine if we would like to work together on a daily basis and share drink/lunches after work.