Head of product, Brand, integrated, and Growth Marketing
- Full Time
- Posted : 5 months ago
TELECOMMUTE Location: Remote, United States
The Growth and Ad Platforms (GAP) team builds the global engine for the world’s leading online home destination that powers our customer acquisition and retention efforts touching hundreds of millions of consumers.
We’re looking for a leader to partner with Wayfair’s Brand, Integrated, and Growth Marketing team to drive product strategy and execution across a diverse array of channels, such as paid/organic social, programmatic display, online/linear video, mobile, and direct mail, that drive billions in annual revenue.
Additionally, this leader will serve as a key internal expert on ad and marketing technology, bringing deep prior experience from the brand, publisher, agency, and/or technology community. Wayfair has major relationships with Google, Facebook, and other adtech players, and the product leader will be involved in both day-to-day and strategic oversight of these partnerships.
A successful candidate for this position also should be a product athlete, with good product sense, execution using Agile processes, and outcome-driven product management. PMs also need technical fluency in underlying technologies and data to credibly engage engineers, other product managers, and data scientists in conversations around architecture and delivery.
Reporting to the head of Martech product, this role includes oversight of several product managers and potential expansion of the team in 2022.
This position can be based in Boston, Austin, Toronto, Mountain View, Berlin, or remote in other US cities with a periodic on-site presence in Boston.
Desired Skills / Experience
- 4+ years building ad/martech products in one or more of the following areas: programmatic display, video, social, search, identity, or advertising campaign management.
- 8+ years in B2B software/SaaS/ Platform product management with exposure to the full lifecycle from concept to launch and beyond, with a full toolbox of PM tools relating to discovery, design, operationalization, and customer/stakeholder management.
- Builder mentality and product sense: you think in terms of customer problems and technology solutions. Demonstrated success in creating business-focused products and breaking with the past, not just maintaining the work of others. Ability to quickly figure out what you don’t already know.
- 3+ years of experience managing product teams, including recruiting, coaching, and performance management.
- Fluency in the wider ad/martech world, with ability to walk through a Lumascape or decipher three-letter acronyms.
- Sufficient technical literacy to both understand the underpinnings of products to make key decisions, select partners, and effectively communicate with engineers and data scientists.
- High degree of analytical/quantitative analysis skills, with conceptual understanding of learning algorithms and ability to perform hands-on data exploration and validation using SQL and other technical tools.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level, with ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude.
- A “no excuses” mentality that pushes through issues with creative solutions and tenacity, while maintaining a grace-under-pressure demeanor.
- Work in advertising, marketing, or e-commerce is a plus.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information. Responsibilities and Duties
- Own product discovery, strategy, development and roadmaps for the platform that drives Wayfair’s brand, integrated, and growth marketing activity. This includes paid/organic social, programmatic display, online/linear video, in-app/mobile, direct mail, influencers, and affiliates.
- Partner with Marketing stakeholders to deeply understand their businesses and co-develop potential solutions to supercharge growth, improve marketing efficiency, and increase automation.
- Use Agile processes to collaborate with Engineering and Data Science to execute on the roadmap while harnessing the power of emerging technologies.
- Recruit, lead, and mentor a team of product managers, as well as encourage a high-performance culture.
- Serve as Wayfair’s resident expert for the business functions and inner workings associated with your product area, as well as the external marketplace regarding best practices and competitive solutions.
- Communicate and evangelize the product vision and progress throughout Wayfair from C-level stakeholders on down.
- Create frameworks for build/buy decisions and manage vendor selection and relationships.
- Develop and monitor OKRs and other product metrics to ensure alignment with stakeholder and corporate objectives.
- Work with leadership to improve product craft and processes throughout the extended Marketing Technology team.
- Business Development
- Product Management
- Leadership Skills
- Product Marketing
- Data Science
- Product Roadmap
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Stakeholder Management
- Managing Skills
- Decision Making
- Campaign Management