Senior Front-End Engineer
- From : WorkingNomads
- Posted : 2 months ago
Headquarters: Northampton, Massachusetts, USA
As a senior front-end engineer at SystemOne, you will build the UI for our web and mobile applications. You will be a key member of the team, making technical decisions that will shape the company's future. We're looking for people who love to code and work with other engineers to build meaningful products.
As a senior front-end engineer at SystemOne you will be expected to:
- Build UIs that present actionable information to health professionals
- Optimize UI performance for low-resource settings
- Scout the latest developments in front-end technologies and help the team select the best tools
- We try hard to remove unnecessary processes from our product pipeline
- We try not to over-engineer our software
- Every change to any software is met with a code review in GitHub
- We write tests to cover brittle and error prone areas of our software
- We are a fully remote team, work in 2 week sprints and have daily standups
The Application Process
Good engineers have many options; we aim to make it as easy and inviting as possible for qualified people to apply. As described under “How to Apply” below, please send us a short, custom email. Anybody who meets the requirements gets a friendly 30-minute chat with one or two team members. You meet us, we meet you, we answer your questions. If you’re still interested, we’ll schedule interviews and get things rolling.
Requirements (must have)
- 5+ years of experience in:
- React or Angular
- React Native, Flutter or another hybrid app development platform
- Write clear, concise, well-tested code
- Comfortable working in a team that spans many time zones, countries, and cultures
- Embrace the SystemOne core values:
- Do good and create lasting value;
- Make the journey matter;
- Be worthy of respect;
- Be pragmatic and keep it simple
Nice to Have
Experience in any of the following is a bonus:
How to Apply
Use the "Apply for this position" link and be sure to include the following:
- A link to (or a copy of) your resume, profile, or portfolio (e.g., your website, GitHub, etc.)
- To demonstrate that you’ve read this and are a serious applicant, a short answer to just one of these:
- What new technologies are you most excited about and why?
- What was the last good book, article, or presentation you saw on software development? What made it stand out for you?
- What’s your favorite open-source library? Why?
We unfortunately can't accept applications that lack the 2 items listed above.
- react native
- front end