Ruby on Rails and Mobile Software Engineer
- Full Time
- From : Skilora
- Posted : a month ago
TELECOMMUTE LOCATION: REMOTE
MyHealthTeams is looking for a mid-level or senior software engineer to join our development team. You’ll be part of a small, agile group that’s building and managing the fastest-growing social networks for people living with chronic health conditions. We are full-stack developers building both hybrid mobile apps and back-end services.
Our native apps are built with Ionic/Apache Cordova + Angular. Our back-end stack is built around Ruby on Rails, Foundation, jQuery, and MongoDB running on AWS.
We’re looking for developers with some experience in any of these core technologies, and with a readiness to learn and grow in others.
Responsibilities and Duties
What We’re Looking For:
- Familiarity with TDD/BDD
- Love of clean code
- Willingness to work on every part of the stack. Everything from native app development and full-stack Rails development to DevOps
- Motivation to work on something that makes a difference
- Bonus points for Zurb Foundation or Elasticsearch
This is a full-time position. Due to COVID-19, it is a remote position; however, if/when we can go back to an office environment, you will have the opportunity to work in our downtown San Francisco office or our midtown Sacramento office. Option to work remotely in the states in which MHT operates is possible for the right candidate. We are offering a great opportunity to make a difference in the healthcare space.
- Our corporate headquarters is in San Francisco. We have an office in Sacramento and teams on both the West and East Coasts.
- Everyone here believes in the company mission, and we are committed to serving people facing chronic conditions.
- A close-knit, hard-working company where everyone respects everyone else’s contribution to our success.
- We truly care about our employees and value a healthy work-life balance to ensure nobody burns out or feels overworked. A few of the ways we put this into action:
- Every month during the pandemic, there has been at least one company-paid holiday (and we’re planning to continue that into the future).
- We don’t deploy to production on Fridays, because if anything goes wrong, we don’t want anyone working over the weekend.
- We respect the working hours in your time zone. So regardless of where you’re located, work the hours that are best for you (as long as there is some overlap with the Pacific Time working day).
- At MyHealthTeams, we believe in investing in people with diverse experiences and backgrounds to help improve the lives of people facing chronic health conditions. To do this, we seek to:
- Attract and hire a diverse workforce
- Cultivate an environment where colleagues feel welcomed and supported
- Nurture the professional growth of employees
A Few Perks
- Unlimited PTO
- Competitive pay, benefits, and equity
- 100% remote option
- Ruby on Rails
- Hybrid App Development
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- communication skills
- Full Stack development
- Problem Solving
- Software Engineering
- Apache Cordova
- Back-end Development