Product Designer (UI/UX)
- From : Weworkremotely
- Posted : 4 weeks ago
Product Designer (UI/UX)
Reports to Location
Chief Product Officer Remote (Mid-Atlantic region preferred)
PINATA is an enterprise SaaS platform that transforms the way work gets done at scale. From startups to Fortune 100s, companies rely on PINATA for easy, efficient, and data-driven workflow optimization. We call it “systematic task management.”
Our mission is to help teams tackle the tasks at hand without losing sight of the big picture. From deploying massive field teams to collecting data from local street marketing campaigns, PINATA helps teams eliminate bottlenecks and replace disorganization with simplicity, structure, and insight. The result: Dramatically improved ROI from everyday business operations.
PINATA has built a highly-regarded platform that is already delivering efficiency, transparency, and performance improvement across a variety of industries, focusing especially on CPG, food & beverage, beauty, and more. Following a recent fundraising round, we are looking to build significant scale in the near term.
About the role
We’re seeking a highly motivated and experienced (3+ years) UX/UI-focused Product Designer who is eager to apply their creativity and expertise to help us deliver digital transformation to industries suffering from analog processes. You will be fully integrated into our product and marketing teams as a vital part of the software development process, and will often function as a key translator and liaison between product, engineering, business leadership and, of course, our customers. You will ensure that PINATA’s product is a model of usability, clarity, simplicity, and consistency. The individual features, user flows, and overall design systems you help develop must simultaneously delight our users, improve UX, and streamline engineering. This role is an outstanding opportunity for a rising product designer looking to take significant ownership of major design challenges (particularly in enterprise/B2B software) while leveraging in-house expertise, support, and systems.
- While we put exceptional emphasis on aesthetics, our ultimate focus is usability and customer experience. As such, we measure the success of design not just in pixel-perfection, but also in the day-to-day value and simplicity it delivers to our hard-working users. Simply put: This role is about designing usable enterprise software first and foremost. The ideal candidate will relish system/UX/UI design in equal or greater measure to visual/graphic design.
- This role will work closely with the Heads of Product and Design. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to collaborate and learn from experienced colleagues and work within existing stylistic and functional parameters, while enjoying significant individual responsibility to push the platform and design system forward as we scale.
- Translate mocks, sketches, or general design direction into fully-realized screens across mobile and desktop, relying heavily on an existent style guide and component library.
- In collaboration with Product Management, produce development-ready output that can be handed off to the Dev Team with appropriate specifications (e.g. interaction notes, thorough documentation of edge-case states, error messages, instruction copy, etc.)
- Contribute to the development of a consistent, flexible, and extensible design system and reusable components
- Design with technical lift and reusability in mind, maximizing value for our customers while minimizing developer effort/time to build.
- You should QA the dev-team output to assess aesthetics, copy, and UX of your designs during implementation
- The ideal candidate will also, on occasion and where appropriate, support product marketing functions with visual production (one pagers, infographics, etc.). This is a great opportunity to flex graphic-design muscles as well.
- Experience designing complex workflows, ideally in a B2B context (i.e. tools for people who need to get complex work done). Candidates with only branding/visual design experience will not be considered. Please provide a documented portfolio that demonstrates how you work and think.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience (with a preference for those who have worked full-time or on long-form projects with a group of developers)
- Experience designing for both mobile web and desktop
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills. Ability to write clear instructional copy — whether for internal or external stakeholders — is a huge plus.
- Experience using (and ideally contributing to) reusable and extensible design components
- Knowledge of how your designs turn into code (i.e. dev-friendly)
- A can-do attitude with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and solve complex design problems on your own, iteratively and quickly
- The passion and energy to shape the future of a young company that’s poised to fundamentally change a major industry
- Some experience with CSS/HTML required; JS is a plus
- Knowledgeable about accessibility standards for design (i.e. WCAG/WAI-ARIA)
- Experience with UI design software such as Figma, Adobe XD, CC, Sketch, Zeplin, Webflow, Framer etc.
- Competitive compensation plan/base/bonus relative to the role and your experience
- Full-time employees benefits package includes 99% paid medical, dental, & vision insurance - as well as life Insurance
- 401k with a discretionary match based on company performance
- Pre-tax transit check program options
- Long term disability leave policies
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policy
- 12 paid company holidays and a flexible vacation policy - get your work done and take the time off you need
- Work from home/remote work option
- Frequent team outings including retreats, happy hours, dinners, game night, and more!
To apply: https://weworkremotely.com/remote-jobs/go-pinata-product-designer-ui-ux